While this fact has not been substantiated, it is deeply engrained in local lore. According to Ms. Lucille German Tipler who taught in the school between 1928 and 1931, by 1928 the school had been incorporated into the Fayette County school system. Ms. Givens who taught in the school during the 1934-1935 school year provided a description of the school and the daily activities of the children. The following is paraphrased from an interview with Ms. Givens.
The stove was in the middle of the room and at the back under the window to the left of the door as you entered was a shelf for the water bucket and dipper. Each child had a labeled drinking glass on the shelf as well. On the right side of the door and the wall space around the windows were planks with pegs for hanging wraps and other items such as ropes, ball gloves, etc. The desks were built ones, from the shop. Each seated three or four children like sitting at a booth in a restaurant today. In front of each bench would be a high table that the children could write on and underneath was shelf for their books. There was an aisle and then three more children. The benches had solid backs and there were about four or five of them in the room. Two of them were built shorter for smaller children. Folding chairs were brought when we had cake walks or box suppers.
Today the One Room Schoolhouse provides area children a glimpse into the world of education as experienced by their great grandparents and beyond.